Three of the Best Charleston Experiences in One Package
This package includes three great components of Charleston's historic district in one ticket price. Guests will be escorted from one attraction to the next by a knowledgeable Traveling Ink staff member, so you won't get turned around and can pick a Charleston local's brain about all their favorites.
Check availability and book by clicking below.
Carriage Tour - Over 300 Years of Charleston History
This package is optimal for folks who want a great overview of Charleston while getting variety in what they are seeing. The morning starts with 25-30 blocks of history via carriage tour, including the residential area of the historic district. You will see gorgeous homes, churches, gardens, and public buildings while getting the history of what you are seeing by a licensed City of Charleston Tour guide.
Powder Magazine - Revolutionary War, Civil War, & Oldest Public Building
Following your carriage tour, walk a short distance to your next stop, the Charleston Powder Magazine Museum. Charleston's Oldest Public Building, this site stored gun powder and munitions during the earliest years of Charleston's settlement straight through the Civil War. The building has a rich history and was designed to withstand a blast because, well, gun powder lived here. Guests will have time to cruise through this war-time museum and interact with Powder Magazine staff.
Lunch - Not a Bad City to Grab a Meal
Guests will be given an hour and a half to grab lunch at one of Charleston's delicious restaurants following their time at the Powder Magazine. We want to make sure you have enough time to relax and get a great meal before finishing out the day. The choice of lunch establishment is up to the guest (though we are happy to make suggestions) and the package price does not include the cost of lunch.
Nathaniel Russell House - One of Our Favorite House Museums
Following lunch, guests will be escorted to the Nathaniel Russell House House Museum, found slightly south of Broad on Meeting Street in the historic district. The home boasts an incredible free-flying cantilevered staircase, beautifully preserved period furniture and interior architectural features, and a lovely garden. Guests will be taken through the house by a museum docent who will provide a rich look into the home's history.
Check Availability and Book Today
To ensure an inimate, informative experience for guests, space is limited for these packages. Please check availability and make reservations early.
Imprtant Package Information
• A Traveling Ink Staff Member will meet guests in the downtown historic district on the steps of US Custom House at the corner of East Bay Street and South Market Street to start their day.
• A moderate amount of walking is required for this package. For guests with mobility limitations, arrangements can be made to make transportation between stops more manageable for an extra fee, as long as Traveling Ink is given reasonable advance notice of such need.
• Packages include the price of Carriage Tour, entry to the Powder Magazine Museum, and entry and tour of the House Museum, as well as an accompanying Traveling Ink staff member throughout the day. Package price does not include cost of meals, snacks, or tips (always appreciated but never required).
• In very rare circumstances, due to private bookings or closures, entry to the Powder Magazine may be substituted with tickets to the Old Exchange Building and trips to the Nathaniel Russell House may be substituted with tickets to a comparable house museum in the area.
• Trips and tours take place rain or shine.